Best Family Camping Tents for the Money 2022
Looking to take the whole family on a camping trip? This could be a great time if you have all of your T’s crossed and I’s dotted. But it can quickly turn into a nightmare if things start to unravel. One of the first things you should take into consideration is your sleeping situation. Having a proper camping tent that can hold the entire family is something that is absolutely necessary.
Not any family sized tent will do. You need to make sure that you have one that can house not only the family but also all of the camping gear and equipment you have brought with you. Having the ability to fit everything in one location makes your time camping a much more enjoyable time. Not to mention it also gives you the ability to easily keep accountability of not only your family, but your gear.
Depending on the size of your family you many need an even larger camping tent than we have reviewed, but generally speaking these are some of the largest tents currently on the market and even the largest of families can fit in them comfortably. If you’re on the market for a large family sized camping tent you’ve come to the right place. Here are our picks for the best family camping tents for the money in 2022.
Enjoy Our Family Camping Tent Reviews
|Image||Name||Top Choices||Latest Pricing|
|1. Coleman-Eight Person Tent|
|2. Browning Camping Big Horn Two-Room Tent|
|3. Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe Eight-Person Tent|
|4. Core Nine-Person Instant Cabin Tent||Amazon|
|5. Coleman Elite Montana Eight-Person Lighted Tent||Amazon|
Pricing of these Family Camping Tents Range Between $170-$650
Coleman-Eight Person Tent Review
Coleman is renowned for making outdoor activities fun and comfortable, and they offer a range of products, such as lighting, tents, coolers, camping stoves, camping tools, camping cots and sleeping bags. The Coleman eight-person tent is very popular with family camping enthusiasts as it is very spacious and has enough room for two queen sized beds. The following are some exclusive features about Coleman eight-person tents:
- Easy setup – The easy set up of the tent can be achieved in less than a minute by following three simple steps.
- WeatherTec system – The tent is made up of 150D material that has innovative WeatherTec features, such as protected seams to keep the tent dry even in heavy rain. The windstrong frame keeps the tent in place even in strong winds and thunderstorms, and the zipper and floors are waterproof due to being made from weather-resistant fabric.
- Large screened doors and windows – The large screened doors and windows protect the inhabitants from bugs and reptiles.
- Size – The generously sized tent has a footprint of 14 x 10 feet and is six feet five inches high.
The Coleman eight-person tent is made up of very good material and its unique WeatherTec feature makes it tough and sturdy and ideal for all weather conditions. It is highly recommended for an amazing camping experience.
- Easy to set up
- Large screened doors and windows
- Fits 8 people
- Weather resistant
- Could be slightly taller
Browning Camping Big Horn Two-Room Tent Review
Are you tired of carrying multiple tents to the fit whole family? Now there is a family tent from Browning which is spacious enough to accommodate the whole family or a big group out on a hunting expedition. The following are the features of the Browning camping two room tent:
- Easy setup and assembly – The Browning camping tent have a unique hub design which is easy to set up. The pole clips make the assembly really easy and give additional strength to the tent.
- Wall divider – The wall divider creates two separate rooms, which is ideal for two couples on a camping trip.
- Great ventilation – The tent has two doors and six windows and the mesh assures that the tent has great ventilation.
- Weather protection – The tent has a protective awning over each door. Besides this, the floor seam and zipper are factory sealed to provide great weather protection. Water is prevented from entering the tent from the bottom, the seams or the zipper. The poles make the tent sturdy and they are capable of retaining their strength even in bad weather conditions, including strong winds.
- Straight side walls – The straight side walls assure that you have enough room for cots and other camping furniture.
The tents are very durable, sturdy and waterproof. They come with a free lifetime warranty and Browning backs all its products. This would make a great gift for any hunter trying to bring their family into the woods for a fun filled weekend.
- Easy assembly and disassembly
- Amazing ventilation
- Vertical side walls
- Wall divider could be better
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe Eight-Person Tent Review
Kodiak Canvas is very tough and sturdy and is ideal for any camping scenario. Each tent by Kodiak Canvas is made from the best quality materials, which will ensure that it will outlive cheaper made tents. So whether you are camping with your family or are out on a hunting expedition with your friends, this tent has enough room for all. The following are the features of the Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow deluxe tent:
- Hydra-Shield canvas construction – The tents from Kodiak Canvas feature hydra shield canvas construction. It is 100% cotton duck canvas which is a tough and long-lasting material that reduces mugginess and stays strong in rain, heavy winds and even moderate snowfall. The heavy duty 12-inch steel rods help keep the tent strong even in adverse weather conditions.
- Spacious – Campers staying in the Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow deluxe tent won’t feel claustrophobic, which is all thanks to the 6’ 6” height of the tent ceiling, the two huge doors and four large windows that it features. The campers can easily stand and comfortably roam about in the tent. The no-see-um mesh over the windows assures that even the smallest of bugs cannot enter the tent.
- Temperature management – The tent has two funnel-flow vents that improve the airflow in the tent and aid temperature management.
- Strap and cinch storage bag – The handy strap and cinch storage bag assure that there is no cramming of the tent into an undersized bag, and it is easy to assemble as well as dissemble.
The Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow deluxe tent is an ideal tent for family camping.
- Very roomy
- Amazing airflow throughout
- Easy assembly
- Could be slightly bigger
Core Nine-Person Instant Cabin Tent Review
Core is renowned for manufacturing camping equipment and their latest in tent technology makes camping fun and relaxing. The following are some of the features of the Core nine-person instant cabin tent.
- Fits nine people – The 14 x 9ft footprint easily fits nine adults in their sleeping bags not considering additional luggage. It can accommodate fewer people with a lot of additional luggage.
- Advanced Venting – The advanced venting technology enables the tent to keep very cool. It draws cool air from the adjustable air intake vents on the ground and allows hot air to escape from the large mesh panel in the ceiling.
- Detachable rain fly – One can enjoy the view of the open sky through the oversized ceiling mesh and if starts to rain, you can cover it with the rain fly. Rain and wind don’t stand a chance of entering from the extra wide tape that is heat-sealed to the rain fly giving complete protection.
- Detachable room divider – The tent has a detachable room divider to offer privacy when needed and a huge living area at other times.
- Instant Setup – The tent is already attached to the telescopic poles, so the tent pops up in just a few short steps.
- H2O Block technology – Normal seams leak and let the water in. With the H2O block technology, the seams are heat-sealed from the rain fly to the floor assuring that water will stay outside.
Thus, the aforesaid features and advanced technology used in the Core nine-person instant cabin tent makes it a camper’s favorite.
- Very big and spacious tent
- Advanced ventilation system
- Very water resistant
- Slightly longer assembly due to size
Coleman Elite Montana Eight-Person Lighted Tent Review
The Coleman Elite Montana eight-person lighted tent features a cabin-like design with a lot of outdoor technology that will enhance any camping experience. The following are the features of this tent that makes it ideal for any camper:
- Large tent – The Coleman Elite Montana eight- person lighted tent is a huge tent which can fit three queen-size air beds, allowing plenty of room for the whole family.
- Lighted tent – Not many tents are lighted which results in all activities needing to be completed before it gets dark – but not with this tent. The Coleman Elite Montana tent has a lighting system that can be powered by four D batteries or a CPX 6 rechargeable power cartridge. The energy pack can power practically anything through the USB slot. The LED lights provide 100 lumens of illumination.
- WeatherTec System – The tent features the patented WeatherTec system which has welded floors and inverted seams to stop the ingress of water and help the campers to stay dry.
- Easy to set up – This heavy duty tent is easy to set up and can be easily assembled in less than 15 minutes thanks to the snag-free continuous pole sleeves, snag-free Insta-Clip suspension and patented pin-and-ring system.
The tent is very spacious and has enough room for the whole family. The extended door awning provides enough space for the storage of gears and offers an ideal choice for campers. This in conjunction with a tandem fishing kayak, and you’re in for a great time!
- Interior lighting system
- Water and weather resistant
- Easy to set up
- Lighting can become unwanted